Flushing, NY (PRWEB)
May 05, 2017
Vaughn College is celebrating its second annual International Drone Day on Saturday, May 6, 2017, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. with a variety of activities for all area drone enthusiasts. Attendees can bring their own drones to fly in Vaughn’s hangar; attend interactive workshops on the design, building, programming and certifying of drones; see the Zero Gravity FPV racing team and the DJI-USA exhibition/sale of drones.
There will be an exciting “Changing the Skies” guest panel featuring experts in the aviation and drone industries, speaking on topics including aviation, law and transportation.
- Dr. Maxine Lubner (Vaughn College management department chair and moderator): Educational Approaches
- Edward Kostakis, Sen. Pilot at DJI and Co-Founder Xizmo: Commercial and Career Applications of Drones
- Honorable John Goglia, National Transportation Safety Board (ret) and Vaughn adjunct professor: Safety of Drones
- Loretta Alkalay, Esq. Legal Advisor for FAA (ret) and Vaughn adjunct professor: Legal Updates for Drone Users
- Steve Cohen, President, Drone User Group: STEM Education and Grassroots Growth of Drone Users
- Adam Dershowitz, Managing Engineer at Exponent, Inc.: History, Future Directions and Risks
- Jimmy Olivero, SkyCam USA: Commercial Applications of Drones in NY
- Peter Sachs, Esq.: Drone Law Journal
The public is welcome to attend the free event at Vaughn College: 86-01 23rdAvenue in East Elmhurst, N.Y. 11369. Registration begins at 9:30 a.m. Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/international-drone-day-registration-33396791703
International Drone Day was founded by David and Sarah Oneal of That Drone Show to educate people about the ways drones are used for good, such as in search and rescue,…