SuperCoder Smart Assistant transforms the way coders access must-have code data online,” said Leesa A. Israel, director of SuperCoder. “This extension allows multitasking without flipping between manuals or websites.
Durham, N.C (PRWEB)
May 09, 2017
TCI, a healthcare technology and information company, has introduced the revolutionary SuperCoder Smart Assistant browser extension. It allows users to search for medical codes and Correct Coding Initiative (CCI) edits while viewing any website.
Typical online medical coding software requires the user to work within the program’s website. The user interface for SuperCoder Smart Assistant is instead a bar on the edge of the browser window. The bar remains in place regardless of which website the user is viewing.
SuperCoder Smart Assistant streamlines workflow by providing same-screen access to code search and CCI edits during common tasks like reviewing provider notes in a cloud-based electronic medical record (EMR), filling in a claim form online, and researching coding guidelines on a payer’s website.
“SuperCoder Smart Assistant transforms the way coders access must-have code data online,” said Leesa A. Israel, director of SuperCoder. “This extension allows multitasking without flipping between manuals or websites.”
SuperCoder Smart Assistant includes these features and functions:
Code search by right clicking text: To perform a code search, the user may select one or more terms on a website, right click the selected text, and choose “Search with SuperCoder” from the menu.
- Code search by entering term: The SuperCoder Smart Assistant bar includes a search box where the user may enter terms, abbreviations, codes, or code ranges for a search.
- Same-screen code results: Code search results appear in code order in the expanded SuperCoder Smart Assistant bar. The user saves time and effort by not having to change to a new screen to view results. Simple checkboxes allow the user to narrow the results by code set.
- Enhanced code details: In addition to a code’s official descriptor, the user may access tabs for extras, when available, including lay terms, crosswalks, and CCI warnings.
- CCI edit check: The CCI Edits Checker button on the bar allows the user to enter codes to test for Medicare CCI edits, which prevent reporting certain code pairs together. SuperCoder Smart Assistant reviews codes for edits based on the date of service the user enters.
- Color-coded CCI results: When the results of the CCI check appear in the expanded SuperCoder Smart Assistant bar, the code’s color lets the user know whether an edit affects the code and reveals the edit’s modifier indicator, which determines whether the user may consider overriding…