Much in the same way as their employers are committed to improving security systems for commercial and residential enterprises, these individuals have committed to improving themselves and in doing so build upon their considerable accomplishments.
Silver Spring, Md. (PRWEB)
March 29, 2017
The Security Industry Association (SIA), the nonprofit association representing global security companies, and University of Phoenix have awarded full-tuition scholarships to 11 full-time employees from SIA member companies. Scholarship recipients will have the opportunity to complete a bachelor’s or master’s degree program at University of Phoenix.
SIA and University of Phoenix announced the inaugural scholarship program in March 2016 to provide an opportunity for security industry experts to advance their careers in the ever-evolving world of security through achievement in higher education. Recipients will be recognized at ISC West 2017 in a SIA membership meeting on April 4, 2017, at the Sands Expo Center in Las Vegas, Nev.
University of Phoenix SIA Scholarship recipients include:
- Sherinda Barrow, director of education services at Open Options, will pursue a Bachelor of Science in Security Management with a Physical Security Operations Certificate.
- Lisa Campbell, product analyst at Infozen, will pursue a Bachelor of Science in Security Management with an Advanced Cybersecurity Certificate.
- Amaury Duran, an IT support specialist at Aiphone Intercom Communications, will pursue a Master of Information Systems.
- Michelle Goudge, HR Generalist at IdenTrust Inc., will pursue a Master of Business Administration.
- Joel Mayoral, marketing communications manager at Louroe Electronics, will pursue a Master of Business Administration.