Rainbow Six Siege new operators will still include the eight first advertised for Year Two
UPDATE ONE: Ubisoft have released more information on Rainbow Six Siege Operation Health and how its deployment will change plans for new operators in Year Two.
The studio confirmed earlier this week that they were putting initial plans on hold to release the next wave of Hong Kong agents, opting instead to focus the next three months on improving the game.
Now more information has been released, following the news.
The good news is Ubisoft are still launching eight Rainbow Six Siege new operators in Year Two, with both the Hong Kong and South Korea Operations getting three – an additional Polish Operator will be deployed in each of the two seasons.
Ubisoft have bumped up how many Operators will be released in Season 3 and Season 4; meaning 3 launches for the Hong Kong and South Korea Operations, although it also means that there will no longer be a new Poland map supplied to fans.
Here’s some additional Q&A answers from Ubisoft:
What happened to the Polish Season and map?
- The Hong Kong Season will now be released when the Polish Season was intended, this is to make room for Operation Health. The Polish map will be canceled, but the two Polish operators will still be released, 1 in Hong Kong and 1 in South Korea. The reason behind it being canceled is to truly prioritize our game’s health over adding new content.
Will there be compensation for Year 2 Pass owners?
- The Year 2 Pass provides players with early access to 8 new Operators. While we will not have 2 new Operators every three months this year, we will still deliver on your early access to the remaining Operators. You will receive the content and early access benefits you have paid for.
- Year 2 Pass holders will also still receive any cosmetic items associated with the Polish Operators.
Why did you cancel the Polish Season and not Hong Kong or South Korea?
- We did not cancel Hong Kong as we have already made progress on its development. South Korea’s plan was maintained as a result of assessing our development team’s needs and capabilities. We determined that we are better able to deliver the content from the South Korea Season by keeping it in the original time frame that was scheduled.
Will there still be Mid-Season Reinforcement updates and balancing updates to operators?
- The focus of Operation Health is addressing the key issues regarding stability and performance. Because of this, we will be reducing the modification of gameplay data, so there will not be a mid-season Reinforcement during Operation Health. You can expect its return during Season 3.
“Operation Health is all about fixing several issues and investing in better technology to make sure we keep growing strong in the upcoming years. This includes better servers, 1-step matchmaking, better deployment of updates, and many other improvements on issues that have been around for a long time.”
The Rainbow Six Siege new…