We have proven that NCPDP is an agile organization with a clear vision and purpose. As we proudly look back at our accomplishments, we also look forward with excitement and confidence, knowing that we will continue to make a mark on improving healthcare.
SCOTTSDALE, AZ (PRWEB)
May 11, 2017
NCPDP announced today highlights from its 40th Anniversary Conference. The annual event showcased NCPDP’s milestone achievements over the past 40 years – improving the healthcare experience for patients and providers; improving administrative efficiencies and access to clinical data with its ANSI-accredited industry standards; and the positive impact of NCPDP’s best practices industry guidance.
The conference opened with a 40th Anniversary Champagne Brunch. NCPDP President, Lee Ann Stember, its Chair, Perry Lewis, and Vice Chair, John Hill, provided an entertaining and informative look back at the past 40 years, with a glimpse of what is ahead for the organization. “The past informs the future,” Stember said. “We have proven that NCPDP is an agile organization with a clear vision and purpose. As we proudly look back at our accomplishments, we can also look forward with excitement and confidence, knowing that we will continue to make a mark on improving healthcare and fortifying patient safety.”
Keynote Speakers, Robert Channing, who dazzled conference goers with his Imagination Into Art™, and Paul Moya, who delivered powerful insights on engaging Millennials, gave interactive, inspiring and thought-provoking presentations to the diverse audience of healthcare and pharmacy industry stakeholders. Featured speaker, Doug Long, presented his highly anticipated IMS Market Trends Report.
During the conference, Stember announced the ONC’s (Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT) interest in helping to fast-track a mandate for SCRIPT 2016071, the newest version of NCPDP’s SCRIPT ePrescribing Standard. She also discussed NCPDP’s EDvocacy initiative, its next level strategic planning process, and how NCPDP is creating a path to leadership for emerging professionals.
Other conference highlights include:
- John W. Hill, MBA, HCM, Vice President, Business Planning, Argus Health Systems, Inc., was appointed Chair of the NCPDP Board of Trustees.
- Charles Reed, GVP, Pharmacy Innovation & Solutions, AmerisourceBergen | Elevate Provider Network, was appointed Vice Chair of the NCPDP Board of Trustees.
- NCPDP named Mara N. Mitchel, SVP, Strategic Operations, Magellan Rx Management, as recipient of its prestigious TIME (The Individual Member Excellence) Award.
- RADM Pamela Schweitzer, Pharm.D., BCACP, was honored with the NCPDP Champion Award.
- Alan Gardner, MBA, RxResults, LLC, was presented the Benjamin D. Ward…