A greyhound trainer had his license revoked after five dogs tested positive for cocaine.
Drug-sniffing dogs? No kidding!
A greyhound-racing trainer in St. Petersburg, Fla., had his license revoked after five of his charges tested positive for cocaine.
Track officials suspected something was amiss when his dogs kept stopping to snort up the finish line.
• At SportsPickle.com: “ESPN announces new hockey reporter: a link to NHL.com.”
Most Read Stories
• At TheKicker.com: “NBA introduces penalty box for Celtics-Wizards series.”
Cover your ears
Quickie scouting report on cornerback Mike Tyson, the Seahawks’ second-round draft pick:
• Tyson doesn’t care about stats — he just wants a ring.
• He’s trying to break a bad habit of biting on double moves.
• Tyson’s new Seattle teammates, not taking any chances, plan to keep their helmets on for a while.
Coincidence of the Week
Lifelong Mets fan Roy Riegel — whose cremated remains have been flushed down 16 ballpark toilets around the country as a tribute by a childhood friend — grew up near the Mets’ present home, Flushing Meadows.
King’s College London Dental Institute, citing a survey of 11,000 patients, claims that a profound fear of dentistry:
a) can sabotage a person’s physiological, psychological, social and emotional well-being
b) is the main reason Britain can’t field an Olympic hockey team.
Two thumbs up
Donkey Kong is among four new inductees into the World Video Game Hall of Fame in Rochester, N.Y.
Pundits predict there won’t be a dry eye in the place when Mario and Luigi deliver his induction speech.
Last Sunday’s Cubs-Red Sox game included what appeared to be a failed marriage proposal on the Fenway Park videoboard.
But the foiled groom-to-be, undeterred, is already hatching plans to line up Colin Kaepernick to take a…