SAN FRANCISCO (PRWEB)
May 01, 2017
In conjunction with the U.S.-India Business Council, the Bay Area Council, and PwC, global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP will host “Doing Business in India,” a panel discussion and networking event for India Week in the Bay Area. The event will take place on May 9 in Greenberg Traurig’s San Francisco (9:30-11:30 a.m.) and Silicon Valley (4:30-6:30 p.m.) offices.
The interactive discussion will explore current legal, economic, and cultural concerns for companies entering or doing business in India, specifically: strategies for identifying and vetting potential JV partners, distributors and advisors; insights into how to manage risks and oversee compliance remotely; India’s economic outlook and related opportunities for U.S.-based companies; strategies for navigating India’s government bureaucracy; and how to implement a compliance program that considers both U.S. and India enforcement and cultural norms.
Shareholder Carolyn McNiven will participate as a panelist, offering her real-world insight and perspective alongside former board members, current compliance executives, and India-based and U.S.-based attorneys and business consultants, including:
Darian Rodriguez Heyman – Executive Director, Numi Foundation
- Fabiana Lacerca-Allen – former Arthrocare Board Member, former CCO of Elan Pharmaceuticals and current owner of Ethiprax
- Christine Wong – Vice President, Head of International Compliance – Fujitsu (SF location only)
- Robert Johnston – Senior Compliance Officer, Och Ziff Capital Management Group
- Rupinder Malik – Partner, J. Sagar Associates (India Law Firm)
- Gagan Puri – Partner, PwC India, New Delhi
- Nandini Tandon, Ph.D. – Co-Chair, India Focus, Bay Area Council Economic Institute (BACEI) (SV location only)
- Jim Wunderman – President…