The fight over health care also has some conservatives worried that Republicans are abandoning one of their core principles: resistance to the expansion of government programs.
• Kushner Companies, the real estate business until recently led by Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law, courted investors in China over the weekend, offering a path toward living in the U.S. in exchange for investments.
• Sinclair Broadcast Group is near a deal to buy Tribune Media, which would give it control of more than a third of local television stations in the U.S.
• The biggest names in the hedge fund world are to gather in New York today. Their investment conference is one of the headlines to watch this week.
• Aches? Fever? Vomiting? When should your child take a sick day?
• Recipe of the day: For a meatless Monday meal, try these classic stuffed mushrooms.
Over the weekend
• More than 80 of the nearly 300 schoolgirls kidnapped by Boko Haram militants in Nigeria just over three years ago were released, the government announced.
• Protesters clashed in New Orleans over the city’s plans to remove monuments related to the Confederacy and its aftermath.
• Always Dreaming easily outdistanced competitors on a soggy track at Churchill Downs to…