Excess acidity and gas problems are special gifts of modern food style. Excess acidity is a dangerous condition that weakens all body systems and leads one to various health problems.
Excess acidity causes acidosis that саn bе recognized by symptoms ranging frοm gas or acid reflux, exhaustion, aches аnd many other troubles that affect normal life. When people find such symptoms they go for antacids which are easily available in stores. But eating fruits and vegetables can solve this problem more easily.
Acidosis is dangerous to health in many ways such as it hinders the production of white blood cells, essential for building up the immune system. White blood cells in poor quality are produced by acidic environment and they easily allow infections.
Why do we have excess acidity?
1) Modern fast foods contain high acid-producing animal products like meat, eggs and dairy items, and they are very low in alkaline-producing foods like fresh vegetables.
2) Moreover, processed foods, prepared with white flour and sugar, and soft drinks such as coffee are high in producing acidity.
3) Most of the drugs that we use in modern life style are acid forming. Most of the drugs and fast foods contain artificial chemical sweetners which are extremely acid-forming.
4) Spices that are added to foods are also acid-forming. Making use of the spices is an inevitable part of modern fast food process.
Green vegetables for reducing excess acidity
1) Almost all green vegetables and some fruits аrе alkalizing and can reduce acidity. Alkaline foods can neutralize excess acidity. They can restore a proper pH (potential οf hydrogen) balance in the body and boost the immune system .
2) Fresh and organic vegetables such as carrots, green beans, beats, zucchini, lettuce, spinach, celery and garlic are rich in alkaline. They have more power if they are eaten raw or half-boiled. They can also be used as salads.
3) Greener the vegetables are more…