An Immigration Law firm in NYC Talks about Different Types of Humanitarian Protection

Every month, the immigration firms in New York witness many individuals looking for guidance when it comes to obtaining a humanitarian status in the United States. The United States government has made various provisions for those desiring protection status based on various conditions. Those seeking guidance on the finer nuances of these conditions can seek help from an firm.


In the section below, an immigration lawyer NYC firm talks about the various types of Humanitarian protection that is provided by immigration authorities in the United States-


  1. Temporary protection –The United States federal immigration law provides temporary protection to those individuals who need to evade the unsafe circumstances that may stem in their countries of residence. However, in order to apply for this status, an individual needs to have his/her home country designated valid for the temporary protection status or TPS. The TPS is generally provided for a period of 6 to 18 months.


  1. Asylum – Those having undergone persecution in their home country or at the risk of being persecuted in their home countries can apply for an asylum status with the United States immigration authorities. The immigration authorities usually consider eligibility on the basis of five grounds that may include race, religion, nationality, political opinion and membership in a particular social group. However, the immigration authorities deny asylum to those involved in criminal activity, terrorist activity, persecution of others, violation of religious freedom and serious non-political crime.


  1. NACARA 203 protection – Under the Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) signed by President Bill Clinton in 1997, immigration benefits are provided to Guatemalan and Salvadoran nationals. This may include relief from being deported or removed in case if they have resided in the United States for a period of 7 years.


  1. VAWA- It was common in the past for foreign born…

Read the full article from the Source…

Back to Top